Wednesday, July 25, 2007

i'm here to pose an odd question.

how do you deal with disappointment?

how do you deal with disappointment in your own life and disappointment in others? how do i personally deal with it and how do i comfort a friend who is disappointed.

it's such a strange thing for me i guess. i don't think i've ever had to think about it before i think i just dealt with it but for some reason, lately i've been having a harder time with it. i used to be able to just let it roll right off me and not phase me but in the last couple months i've let it get to me more than i wish it did. why is that? why am i more vulnerable to disappointment than i have been in the past? and it's in all different aspect of life too. and i'm not just disappointed in other people or other things or work, also disappointment with myself because i expect better. i expect better out of the dumb little things. it's all very confusing for me. i don't get it.

any advice would be welcomed.

in the mean time, i'm off to edit.

woo, freakin hoo. :0)

3 Comments:

At 8:12 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

Hmmm...disappointment. I think we're affected more now because we care more, we have more to lose, and we know how good it COULD be. I think we are getting old...which is worrysome. And that, my friend, is what I have to say about disappointment.

not very cheery. I'll try to think of a better answer and get back to you later :o)

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

I agree with Amber. Also, I think from my experience it's because I have greater expectations from people & situations. The greater the expectation the higher the dissapointment. I try to remember 2 words going into a situation:
"NO EXPECTATIONS." I find if i tell myself that, I'm less dissapointed. But, at the end of the day, we're emotional beings, and sometimes no matter how much we try, we still get hurt. BUT thats part of the growing up/old (whichever one you choose!!) process and it molds us into who we are! And you my dear, are one of the most sweetest, sincerest, supportive people I know. ANd I'm pretty sure thats not just from good days!! Hang in there!!!!
( hope that helps!!)

 
At 10:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to agree with the comment above mine and with amber's...it's a lot about expectations. We have talked about this...we care so much and we expect others to care as well. So, just continue caring and loving..and know that you will be disappointed, but you are doing all you can do. That's what I think. I think at the end of the day I would still rather care and love than not be disappointed. Right??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home