Monday, March 10, 2008

FYI, read the label carefully

well, it's that time again, i'm sick. i've been sick since last tuesday and it's the pits. also, i have no insurance right now so i am kinda medicating myself. i know i know, it's not good. but when you're in this much pain, it's either medication or i have to pick up drinking. so, from the last time i was sick - and had insurance - i have cough syrup with codeine. this happens to be exactly what my paramedic friend told me i need to be taking so i grab the bottle and take a sip. typically i would measure out the amount i should take but i was in a venue without a device with which to measure. so, i took a sip. a small sip but a sip. so, i'm going on about my day - pain and worry free i will tell you - and i think, i should see when i need to take this again, so i look at the label and to my surprise i see that you're meant to take one TEASPOON. all along, i have been thinking it said tablespoon and there is quite the difference. and this my friend, is why you should read the label carefully.

(psst hey amber, don't tell your husband or your mother that i medicate myself. i am aware that medical professionals do not care for this and they may not let you be my friend)

here's an odd question. when you have a fever, do you actually go about 98.6 on the thermometer? my temp never goes about 98.3, in fact right now, i'm coughing, sneezing, sleeping like hibernation is my job and my temp went down to 97.7. i believe i may be a medical mystery.

3 Comments:

At 6:20 AM , Blogger Christi.Overman said...

PANIC NOW! PANIC NOW!

That's hilarious...reminds me of the time Ross drank Pepto from the bottle on Friends. What a shocker...something else reminds me of Friends.

My temp is usually below 98.6...I'm no doctor nor could I ever be one, but I think that's normal...it's usually like 98 or 97.5 or something. Although the last time I had the flu my temp shot up to 103.5...holy crap. I'd say sleeping and resting is the best for you. And if it's any consolation, my kids here in the petri dish are all sick too.

No fun. Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 9:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

98.6 is the AVERAGE norm. Everybody's a little different. I usually run low... 97.5, 97, 98. I'm RARELY 98.6. Of course, that IS a pretty good FM station in Baton Rouge....

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Hope you're feeling better! I MISS YOU!!!! it's totally sunny when i come home and walk Dom now, and all I want to do is walk to your front door and invite you and Cali to join me for a walk in Nellie Gail...Please!!!! Wanna come?????
S:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home