Sunday, July 17, 2005

Thanksgiving in Iowa

This is the highlight of my year! I love that my family from Nebraksa, Wisconsin and Indiana all drive to the middle of Iowa and spend three days in a hotel just goofing around. We have been repeatedly kicked out of hotels because of our craziness. The silly string incident of 90 sums up the history of the family.

I'm not going to lie, i'm a little bitter. I'm trying to get the whole family to agree where to go and what hotel to stay in. We normally meet in a town called Coralville, which is really close to Iowa City but this year I thought it would be better if we could stay in a hotel with a waterpark (there are a suprising number of them in Iowa). Since most of my cousins and both of my siblings all have kids now, having in house entertainment for the kids is priceless. the problem is, i picked out a hotel in dubuque (da-buke) and it's a bit further for the Nebraska family to drive, i was hoping that this wouldn't be a problem but it seems to have presented it self as an issue. The hardest thing for me to understand is that all the Wisconsin and Indiana family will be driving to Nebraksa for Christmas so I assumed that an extra two hours for them for thanksgiving wouldn't be a big deal...i was wrong. But we'll all be driving 13 hours out there and 13 hours back a month after Iowa. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm hoping that something gives soon. I'd love to stay in the hotel with the water park but when it comes down to it, I'm just happy that we're going to Iowa this year. Who would have guessed that Iowa would be the highlight of the year?

peace, love and a cool fluffy pillow

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home