Tuesday, June 20, 2006

weekend recap

friday night i went out with my friend tobi who i work with, to a concert in long beach. our friend brian from work was playing at a place called alex's bar. it was a lot of fun. i spent most of my time with a guy named rich who also works for apple but in a different store. he's hysterical. very entertaining. tobi found the object of her affection early on so we hung out there until around 1ish and then headed home. it was a really fun night. however, it was kicked off by a guy at the bar offering to buy me a drink and making a rose out of a napkin. yowza.

saturday i worked from 1 until 10. that's a rough shift.

sunday i spent the day at my friend brandons grandparents house. my friend brandon left for iraq again on sunday so there was a going away lunch for him. so we hung out there for a while. i got to spend time with their family. i know brandon from one of my best friends, kat. he is her cousin. so, i know their family fairly well. it was such a relaxing day to go, and sit outside and eat together. i had a lot of fun.

after i left there, i headed to my aunt illenes house. it had been a while since i had been there so it was good to see her and catch up. she always has a ton of funny stories about my grandfather. like the time where my aunt came home late so my grandpa locked the back door so she would have to go through the front door and as shes going through the front door she notices that he tied pots and pans to the other side of the door so it made a ton of noise. she told me a couple like that and said, it's amazing that he lived. pretty funny.

so that was my day off. and then i worked today noon to 9pm. not a fun shift.

i leave for home a week from tomorrow. i'm excited but worried about finding someone to watch my dog.

i go home the 27th and then i'll leave the 30th to go to wisconsin, then i'll go back to granger on the 4th, then fly back on the 7th. it should be fun. i have a ton of people i want to see so we'll see how i fit them all in.

it'll be good though.
k

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Hi Katie! Domino's Mom here! It's been fun reading your blog! As far as finding someone to watch Cali, Steve and I can walk her with Domino in the evenings. I work full time so won't be able to take care of her during the day, but if you need evening help- let us know! Dom would enjoy hanging out with her buddy!

 
At 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Indiana/Wisconsin/Indiana. I know you're heading to Buckatobin... right? Oh well... we'll join you in spirit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home