Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I WENT SAILING!!!

my friends sharon and steve took me sailing tonight. i LOVED it. okay, in all honesty, i was a little worried a couple times just because it was a little new, there's a hand rail on the boat with a couple imprints of my hands since i was holding on so tight. but it was incredible. so, here are a couple shots from the trip.

sharon-great shot of the flag!!

if you look at my eyes, you will see what terror looks like. steve told me to 'just keep it going straight' so he could take the picture and i don't know that i've been that afraid before. i had no idea what i was doing! but, alas, we did not die.



i am pulling my hardest on this rope that i have no idea what it did or what it was attached to, i was told to pull, so i pulled. it was a lot harder to do than i thought. i used to think i had upper body strength, this is where i was proved to be incorrect.




it was such a great day. i had to go to traffic court, which normally is not really a good thing, but my cop didn't show up so i got my money back and it doesn't go on my record. then, i got to go sailing which could be one of my new favorite things to do. then, we went to this really cool fish store that steves friend runs with tons of salt water tanks and all the cool things that go in them. it makes me want a salt water tank, but lets face it, i'd kill anything i put in it. then, we went to this great restarant and had some dinner/breakfast and malts. so much fun. it was such a great day off.

i've started knitting my scarves again. i love it, it's so relaxing. i'm knitting a brown one right now. and i found out tonight that while living in california, it's a good idea to bring a scarf while sailing in the evening. who knew?!?!

yar matey.
k

4 Comments:

At 9:00 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Great post Katie...I'm glad you didn't share that we tipped over and had to swim to shore! Phew! It would make certain members of your family a little nervous to come sailing with the Hughes'!!!!

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

Ahoy!

...Im having trouble thinking of more pirate words right now...

...shiver me timbers?

thare she blows...?

 
At 10:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The closest I've ever come to sailing a ship is a crunchy breakfast cereal named after a captain!

Cool!

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger Woolston Gallery said...

What a wonderful adventure!!Nothing like terror and the sweet smell of salt and sea to get your blood racing!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home