Wednesday, November 15, 2006

i had the day off today so i could see my friend meredith. i left my house around 3pm and got to her house, in the north-er part of LA. around 6pm. she was having a friends and family for her students. it was so much fun. three of her little girls stopped me outside the school and said, "are you miss carlson's friend?" i said yes, and then they said, "you're pretty. do you paint your hair?" i didn't really know what they were talking about. i thought they meant dye, they really meant highlight. so i said no, i should have said yes.

so cute though. the kids sang songs and talked about what they liked about 'miss carlson.' by what they said they liked about the second grade its like they're not learning. it's so funny. they all said theylove their teacher, she's the best teacher, she makes me laugh a lot, we go on field trips and we have fun. it was so funny. their field trip today was they walked 20 blocks...20 blocks to the library. they were crackin me up. it's so funny to see meredith in an adult job. i don't feel like i have an adult job. and seeing meredith in charge of 13 kids who absolutely loved her, made me want a real job. it was strange.

after the family and friends night i went to a fire house!! you have no idea how cool this was. they have actually hook & ladder (which if you're like me and don't know what that is, it's the fire engines that have the driver in the front and the back) they even have a dalmation! how funny. my friend dave, who is a fireman there, even took me for a ride in the truck. we went past the mayors house and the house they used for the adams family. it was so cool. they actually got two calls while i was there so it was a very quick goodbye. but i even told my friend todd it was very movie-esque. it was like everything i've seen in movies and everything i thought a firehouse would be. it was cool. if i could just go hang out there, i would. if you're reading this dave, thank you!!

i talked to my friend sharon (hi sharon!) and told her i was going to the firehouse and she asked me if it was a specific one because there was an episode of the dog wisperer on featuring this dalmation from LA. turns out, it's the same fire station. i thought that was great. click here to read the article about it.

after the fire house, i hopped back on the freeway and headed home.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

That's so awesome! Thanks for calling this morning - I was laughing sooooooooooo hard when I heard it was the same one!!! SO AWESOME!!!!!

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

PS. I think we should organize a doggie field trip and have Domino and Wilshire meet! That would have a GREAT time!!! He can maybe teach her how to run on the treadmill! Get rid of some of that excess energy! haha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home