Friday, June 01, 2007

the first morning i was in wisconsin we were leaving early to drive up north and we stopped to have breakfast close to my grandparents house. we sat down and the server came over and said hello to my grandparents and then was introduced to me and my mom. he said, "we're not related are we?" and when my grandfather said yes, the server said, "darn." oh wow. so then my grand father, happily married for 60 years, runs into his friend and says, "hey, it's a holiday weekend, any big plans with your girlfriend?" now, my grandpa is 82. and this guy can't be any younger. he laughed and said, "shhh, my wife is right over there." i'm thinking, my grandpa was kidding and this guy was being sarcastic. no no. he really had a girlfriend in chicago. the best part was when the same server came over and laughed and said, "i asked him the exact same thing." i love wisconsin.

more stories to come but here are some cool pictures.


this is my cat that lives at my moms house. i love this cat. love her.

this is something that my brother and i have started calling the 'satan species.' my brother and i went out the other night and when we got home it took us about 30 minutes to make it through the front door. it wasn't pretty. as we stood next to each other plotting a way to get the spider to die and for us to get into the house, we slightly brushed up against each others arms and we both freaked out because it felt like spiders! this thing was HUGE! it gives me the heebie jeebies even now. long story short (and some really REALLY funny video clips later) steve used a can of WD-40 and a lighter, it's amazing that the entire house didn't go up in flames. the spider died and we left it on the front porch as a warning to all other spiders, 'ye be warned.'

this is steve strategizing. i don't know why this picture and a couple others won't flip so they are vertical. i'm too tired to figure it out though.

only in indiana can a tractor be driving down a highway and slow traffic down and have no one freak out. so funny to me now.

my mom now has a hot tub in her back yard, and while i was home my nieces came over for the week so we were chillin in the hot tub.

bowling with brad, sarah and kyle. this is sarah

this is brad.

this is kyle

me and my 'husband' kyle. it's a shame he has a girlfriend.


one of the best part about camping up north is sitting around the camp fire. i love the campfire. i think i would burn a candle in my house if it smelled like campfire. my sweatshirt still smells like it. it's fabulous.

i like this picture...taken by accident

some hot fishermen in a boat. another highlight of camping.

really great sunset of up north.

everything was so so green!

this is a very ticked off loon! you can see the look in her eyes!

ah, the lake

if you look into the dead center of this picture, you'll see a big giant nest in the tree. in that nest, you'll see the white head of one of our resident bald eagles. pretty stinkin cool if you ask me.

the road to camp

again, middle of the picture you'll see the bald eagle right before it swooped and grabbed something. so cool that they are on this lake.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

I know you're trying to make me jealous! Yes- I definitly want to go to the lake!!!
s:)

 
At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that is a HUGE gorilla (as your dad used to refer to spiders). Taking on the "satan species" ("El Diablo Arachnido" to us in the growing state of Cuba/America). Deadly in appearance (and who the heck cares if it really IS deadly... it's a spider) and only good when torched (the method of choice for disposing of the creatures).

And thank you for not naming the Loon" after me. I know you were tempted....

I would LOVE to get back up to Buckatobin some day. Maybe you can spread my ashes (I'll have a lot more to spread with all the extra organs)....

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Of course you'd ave trouble with your pictures... you're using a Mac. ; -)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home