Monday, June 04, 2007

i just got back from vacation last thursday and i feel like it's been months already. that can't be good.

i'm sick again. i want to claim it has something to do with the petrey dishes that i call nieces and nephew but i'm sure it's the fact that i have no immune system and i work with people all day long. it's possible that i have the chicken pox too. funny story about that. i've had them twice already. yeah, that's right, diagnosed twice already in my life. well i've had a sore throat for a couple days with some other symptoms and then yesterday i woke up to some spots on my stomach. no bueno. i have them on my stomach, back and legs. i saw the doctor today and he said, 'well, it could be the chicken pox but it could just be related to the viral infection you've got goin on...' so, i may have them again, i may not. interesting. anyway, i'm pretty doped up. i'm on something right now for the cough and it's cough syrup with coedine. so, you can blame the misspellings on the drugs. good times.

a really really big door just opened for me. i'm pretty excited about it. there are some details still up in the air so i'll wait to elaborate on what i'll be doing but so far, i'm pretty excited about it.

man alive the coedine is kicking in, words are starting to blur.

this past weekend i spent saturday in LA with meredith and her students. she had an end of the year bbq and i will tell you what, the best darn mexican food ever. everything was so authentic and fabulous and then we had a water balloon fight. pretty funny. i'll post pictures soon.

for now i gotta go cause my eyes won't actually focus on one thing. this stuff is fabulous. :)

k

12 Comments:

At 9:58 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

I want to hear more about this big door....

 
At 7:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. Now a lot can be contrived from the fact that you've gotten back to LA and you're using drugs... but I won't go there.:)

Sorry you're sick. If it's the chicken pox, a flair pen comes in handy if you get bored... it's like using your imagination when you look at clouds. The connected dots can become ANYTHING (especially on codine).

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Sorry you're sick Katie!!! Hope you're feeling better now! We're excited to hear about the doors...
S:)

 
At 3:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but your RSS feed isn't working for my anymore.

 
At 12:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and your chicken pox! actually, I just went to the ob/gyn yesterday (just an annual, don't worry) and I was tested to see if I'm actually immune to them since I've never had them. So we'll see what happens. Maybe you could get the shot and you wouldn't get them anymore. Talk to you soon!!!

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Thats funny...I haven't had them either! Let us know if you can naturally be immune to them as I havn't had a shot either!!

 
At 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my brother in law is a doctor and he says you are one of the following things if you've never had the pox:

1. you actually had them but didn't have symptoms

2. you haven't had them and you're going to get them

or

3. you are naturally immune/you're a carrier of the virus and you won't get it.

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Thanks Christi!! Thats good to know! Which one are you?
S:)
PS - I love reading your blog! Your kids are hilerious!!!

 
At 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know which one I am yet. I just had a blood test and (oops) forgot to call today for the results. So I'll let you know when I find out! I've been exposed more times than ANYONE I know since I teach (and my brother had them twice!), and my grandma never had them either, so I probably am naturally immune, but who knows. Thanks for reading my blog!

 
At 12:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I found out I'm highly immune to chickenpox. An antibody count higher than 1.00 (found in the blood test) is considered immune; mine is 3.35. You should check it out! If you're not immune, I think you can just get the shot.

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Thanks Christi! I think I will- just to be on the safe side!
Sorry Katie for using your blog to discuss our immunity to chicken pox!!! haha

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger katie holt said...

you guys are crackin me up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home