Friday, August 03, 2007

it was a great day off. it started with meredith coming down to spend the night and hang out with me.

we slept in on thursday morning, eventually rolled out of bed and threw ourselves into the jeep with the top down hoping to get some sun. we had a list of errands to run and we were on our way.


our first stop was the rainbow sandal outlet to pick up some snazzy new sandals. these are the best flip flops you could ever possibly own. the mold to your foot and they last forever. anywhere you go in southern california, if you look down, you're bound to find someone who is wearing rainbows. they are wonderful mer had a pair that needed to be repaired because the stiching came undone on the strap, instead they gave her a new pair. i love these shoes and i wear them with everything.


next stop was picking up a check from a contract job that i had done. no more details needed. getting more money is alsways fabulous.

the next stop was probably the most exciting. we went and bought tim mcgraw and faith hill concert tickets for one week from tonight. i am so excited about this concert i can't even explain myself and we're going to have a blast! we'll be there! cowboy hats and all. and on a side note, i think faith hill calling out the woman who grabbed her husbands 'parts' while he was on stage was totally appropriate and i stand behind her. had it been me i probably would have caused her physical pain. i love faith and tim.




not to mention this was all spent with one of my best friends meredith. i can't even begin to explain how much i love this girl. she has been there in my life for the last 10 years and i think she is the one person who knows every little detail about my life. the dumb, the fun, the crazy and the really really stupid, she knows it. and she loves me anyway. i seem to have a hand full of friends that i know that i could call at the drop of a hat and if the situation called for it, they would be here - and she's one of those friends. we've laughed, we've cried, and we've laughed until we cried. i am so thankful for this girl. we've been to 5 countries together and some of the most memorable moments in my life involve this girl. i could only hope to be more like her, in all honesty. she's such a better person than i am.

camp adventure 1999. one of the highlights of high school was being a camp counselor at camp adventure in north webster indiana. who would have thought i would work there full time after college.

this is a couple years ago in huntington beach

here's a funny story. we were eating dinner in the food court at the mall and we had pizza and salad. it was a bit greasier than we had hoped and we were talking about how you can eat until you feel that limit like you may die if you eat another bite. i had finished eating and mer took one more bite and with her mouth full she got this look on her face like that was the end of the world. she just looked at me and said, 'oh...thats the limit.' at which point it was all down hill. we started laughing hysterically, laughing until we had tears streaming down our cheeks and we had people staring at us from all over the food court. it was so great.

mer had to head home but it was such a great day off.

4 Comments:

At 12:15 PM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

YEAH!! You guys deserve a fun-filled day! Glad it was a blast! Also, you inspired me...Ruth and I are going to see Faith & Tim next saturday! Woo-HOOOOOO!!!!

 
At 6:37 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

You are a little bit country...and I'm unsure of how that happened. I love ya though, I really love ya.

 
At 10:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's get one thing straight...I want to be like you. You inspire me and I love you. I can't wait for timmy!!!

 
At 10:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way...that pizza truly made me want to die. =) Of course taking pictures in the mall food court with a random boy watching my crazy hair was totally worth it!! I love you. You complete me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home