Sunday, July 17, 2005

Caught Red Handed



Today, my mom and I took my niece and nephew to the local wave pool. They had so much fun! Abby is completely fearless and will try anything. We asked if she wanted to go down the water slide and she was all for it, water wings, no water wings, who cares, she was half way up the ladder and ready to go.

Jacob is WAY more saftey focused. When we asked him, he said, "um, no not right now." and they we had to convince him that he would be safe. It amazes me the difference between the two. We had to leave early because it started to thunder.

So, we pile into the car and drive back to my moms house (which is my home now...again) and I swing the front door open and I see red, literally, and purple all over the floor. Before we had gone to the water park the kids were coloring with scented markers. Aparently, my dog thought, if it smells good, I better eat it, and that she did. There were marker bits all over the carpet. I spent the rest of the day shampooing the carpet. It wasn't pretty. After all that, Cali came over to me and she looked a little different to me and I noticed that her nose was red, her tongue was purple and her paws were red and purple. Seriously, what am I going to do with this. She couldn't have blamed anyone else to save her life.




Cali caught red handed.

It's off to bed for me now, I have to get up early and vaccuum the store tomorrow. It combines my two favorite things, getting up early and vacuuming. It makes me want to cry every monday.

k

4 Comments:

At 9:48 AM , Blogger Pages In Time Forever said...

I notice that you failed to mention the part when the pool was evacuated due to thunder and that you, mom and Jacob headed for safety, leaving my poor, defenseless daughter in the pool ALONE in the middle of a thunderstorm!! This is what happens when I leave my children with my "responsible" adult family members?!? ;)

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger katie holt said...

what my sister fails to mention is that everyone was evacuated, slowly just because of thunder. I turn around to look for Abby and find her floating in the middle of the pool in her barbie ring with the lifeguard leaning over the side of the pool yelling to abby that she needed to get out of the pool because of thunder and Abbys response was, "but the waves are going to start." To which my mom replied to Abby, "didn't you see everyone else get out of the pool?" and all Abby could say was, "but when are the waves coming?" It was sad. So just to clarify, there was no lightening, only thunder and it's not like we sought shelter and yelled, "every man woman and abby for themselves..." My mom and I are innocent RESPONSIBLE baby sitters... so, :P beck

ha ha ha

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger Tammy McMullen said...

You two crack me up......
Sounds like you had a good time but I think next time you need to take Jacob and Abby's 2 or 3 best friends.

 
At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I turn around those two, poor children are in the water! They're going to be permanently "wrinkly" before I am! (Okay, so I've got a head-start... but it's not being forced on me by people who claim they LOVE me... or IS it?) And what's a little thunder and lightning? Just learn to play "Dodge Lightning" like we do in Florida. We also have games like "Dodge Shark" and "Dodge Hurricane". Loads of fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home