Tuesday, March 28, 2006

it's been an interesting few days.

i'm now living in my new apartment. i love it. it's so nice to have my own bathroom and be sleeping on a bed bigger than a twin. i'm now living the luxury life i think. i have more space than i know what to do with, to fill with stuff i don't need. and i'm loving every minute of it.

so a few days ago, i went back to my aunts house to get the remainder of my clothes and stuff. and as i'm getting onto the 405 freeway, my phone rings, it's my roommate asking me if i would pick up her phone at her old house. i said sure and started heading that way. (the way the freeways are here, the 405 and 5 both run south. the intersect like a y and then 405 disappears and the 5 heads to san diego. if you want to get from the 405 to the 5, you take the 55. i know.) so, as i'm halfway between the 405 and the 5, on the 55 on my way to pams old house, i'm crusing along with the top down and all of a sudden, i smell bleach. not good friends. so, i try to stick my hand back between the seats and feel around to see if anything is wet. nothing wet but i feel this thing that seems like a water balloon. again, NOT GOOD. so, i quickly cut across 5 lanes of traffic and zip to the side of the road. i jump out, avoiding semis and vehicles that are coming too close to the side of the road and i start pulling everything out of my car. ah, but it was a little too late. see, when i packed, i thought, it'll be easier to pack my clothes in laundry bags than suitcases, so i did that. when the bleach spilled, the clothes in the laundry back absorbed the majority. REALLY NOT GOOD. i lost about 3/4 of my clothes. and the best part is that it got all my good clothes. big, big bummer. i know it could have been much worse. trust me, i know that. but that was wednesday.

thursday, i worked. i hung out at home and organized my new space.

friday. i get off work, and head to dinner with my friend kat and all of her family, including her wonderful husband joey, and we went to a rest. called islands. her grandparents own it and it's very good food. so we ate there and then joey, kat, brandon and i went out for drinks. we went back to the mall where i work and went to a place called dave and busters. needless to say, we ended up at champps because dave and busters is like a college nasty bar. gross. so, we leave, i get home, i go to take my stuff out of my car and...it's gone. I GOT ROBBED! so bitter. i lost about $500 worth of stuff. including the new digital camera and the new memory card that my mom bought me. i'm so upset about it. it was a rough couple days.

saturday i went with friends to see the inside man. it was good. really funny one liners. they had some interesting language at points that really didn't make any sense. it's like the writer or director thought, "this scene isn't random enough yet, lets throw in this word that makes people flinch." it was good. but i recommend waiting until its on dvd. not worth TEN DOLLARS to go to the theatre.

well, my friend amber has threatened my life now, or at least my shins, so here is my update. i was tempted not to blog so i could get her to come visit but, i'll post, you know, for the shins' sake.

k

3 Comments:

At 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. What a bummer. It happened to us after our first two months in Sarasota. They ripped the dash out of my Jeep and got the radio... broke the windshield, too. No fun! Hope things smooth out for you.

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger Sara said...

Come to Spain.......no one steals things here! (ha!)

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

Katie,
When is your birthday?

Eventhough we have been friends for 20 years...I do not remember.

I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home