Saturday, February 24, 2007

KISS ME IM IRISH

so i've been MIA for a while. i'm working a lot. i was supposed to have tuesday off but someone else called in sick so i ended up working.

i have a big project that has the first deadline on monday. so...'less' sleep until then. it's a good thing though. it's nice to get back to editing something. it's been a while.

i recently found out that i'm irish. let that sink in a bit. in the words of my mom, 'yeah, come to find out, we're irish.' seriously, now that's a funny conversation. all along we've been under the impression that we're english. at least that is what my grandpa holt originally told my parents. well, apparently before my grandfather died, he traced his family back to a town called letterkenny in ireland, 'more north, than northern ireland.' and in the words of my brother, 'i guess that means we're sea people.'

i'm pretty sure that the majority of my family and friends think i'm dead right now. i've had to call friends who have been trying to get a hold of me to reassure them that i'm lying in a ditch someplace.

a friend of mine may be coming out to visit in april which i'm pretty excited about. visitors are always good, it gives me the chance to prove that california is the place to live...though so far i haven't been able to convert anyone. i need to work on my technique.

my blog can now be found in TWO places. that's right. i'm moving up in the world. you can find it at the typical 'katieholts.blogspot.com' or just type in www.lifeisasitcom.com. that's right. thanks to godaddy.com and my good friends sharon and steve, my blog is now hosted elsewhere. pretty excited about it actually.... so there.

i'm trying to do all of my updates in a nutshell, 'this is me, in a nutshell, how did i get into this tiny nutshell?'

i also get delirious when i lose sleep.

i need to sleep.

top o' the mornin to ya...unless you're reading this at night.

5 Comments:

At 10:19 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

"...and the rest of the day be yours!"
now that I have a fellow Irishman we can do the official greeting together! ha!!!

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

I always knew you were IRISH! Me too...let's be friends

 
At 7:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think of all the benefits!!!

1. You can crawl from pub to pub drubk out of your mind and all anyone will say is, "No problem. She's Irish."
2. Anyone with anu sense whatsoever will back down from a fight just from the swish of your red hair and a "Don't mess with me, I'm Irish" glare
3. you can carry a Shelala anywhere, including on a plane, and say it's part of you "cultural heritage"
4. You can actually date a guy in kilts and get away with it (okay, that's Scottish, but in the right neighborhood)
5. You can spit in your hand before shaking someone else's and get away with that, too
6. You can claim you're getting advice from a Leprechaun and no one will think bad of you (oh, right, you're in California. No one would think bad of you anyway... though they might think you're a movie star just entering rehab)
7. St Paddy's Day will have a whole new slant to it.

 
At 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. When are you coming to Florida?

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Justin said...

I have a wee bit of Irish in me as well!!! Get ready for St. Paddy's Day!!! And noe you can tell people to Kiss Your Irish Ass!!!
Your Husband

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home