Friday, May 30, 2008

old school belize

okay so i'm going through a lot of old photos and i come across some of my favorites. here are some of my favs from belize which was TEN years ago. man alive, it kinda seems like yesterday and it kinda seems like twenty years ago...


one of my best friends amber relaxing in one of the best chairs in the world! one day i will own my own house with a couple of these chairs. i'm looking forward to it.


we took a speed boat out to an island and the boat was going so fast that aaron beeson was able to hold onto this rope and fly, it was incredible! we laughed for a good long time about this.


wonderful VBS crafting


a couple of my best friends at the time aaron beeson and meredith carlson - they look so young! (meredith gets married in about 6 weeks!)


my sister becky with one of the babies from the orphanage that we worked in for a day.


i just LOVE the outfits. that's all i got.


tanning on our way out to swim with sharks...


meredith and i balancing on a see-saw... i'll pretend in my head that it's actually an even plane...


amber cox and rob and michelle wegner (pre-children!)


the indiana jones bridge that was a little frightening to cross the first time... and after that, the boys found that if you jump on it while you're crossing, it's even more terrifying.


i LOVE this picture! this is aaron beeson grabbing a shark by the tail. so great! when we pulled up to this 'national park' in the middle of the ocean and the boat driver says, "okay jump in!" we were all standing along the edge of the boat watching the sharks swim under the boat. we looked at the driver like he was on drugs... which he may have been... and aaron said, "seriously?" and when the guy said we were good to go, he was the first in the water. it was incredible. he's a good leader because we all followed and survived!


our group: becky, anne marie, me, steve carlson, YWAM guy, andy carlson, michelle wegner, chrissy simnick (before she was a simnick), meredith carlson, yvonne malkowski, amber beeson (before she was amber cox), and angie qualey (who just became a DR. AMAZING!)


josh lehman, andy carlson and steve carlson playing with the kids in the river

3 Comments:

At 5:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, these photos are hilarious. I saw "Horton hears a Who" this week, and he crosses a bridge just like the one in Belize. I was thinking about that bridge the whole time.

What in the heck am I wearing in that 2nd to last photo? I know I was pregnant, but I have no memory of that UGLY dress. Hilarious. Someone should have stopped me!

Michelle
:0)

 
At 7:04 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

OH MY GOODNESS! These bring back such hilarious memories! My goal in life is to have digital scans of all my pictues like this...i might need to hire you.
Remember the tarantulas?!?!
I totally forgot about that speedboat ride where Aaron was flying! I'll have tell him to check out your blog!

 
At 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frggan glorious! What great days those were - Hope all is well for you my friend : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home