Tuesday, April 22, 2008

scary!

have you ever heard that saying, "do one thing every day that scares you." well, sunday, i accomplished this beyond my wildest imagination.

i was visiting my grandparents in wisconsin this past weekend and sunday it was gorgeous outside so we all hung out on the back deck and ate lunch and talked. i built a chair for my grandma. and then all of a sudden, my cousins friends who were there decided they would shoot some guns at a target in the field - it's a farm. so, they were out there shooting.

let me just say that i HATE guns. they scare me. i have never even held one or at least i never had until sunday. my brother kept bugging me to go shooting and i just never felt tempted to go to a shooting range so i watched the boys shoot and then one of my cousins friends - who happens to be extremely good looking - asked if i wanted to try it and i caved.

so i walked out to the field and he loaded the gun, walked me out to where i should stand and explained the gun to me. i was literally shaking ask i stood there. by the way, not good to hold a gun while your hands are trembling. anyway, he explained how to aim, how to hold it, how it shoots and then backed away and i actually did it. i shot it three times. holy cow! i almost punched myself in the face from the kickback. it was incredible. its not something i want to do every day but something thrilling nonetheless.

so, it's official, i learned how to shoot a .45. i don't remember what kind of gun it was, i just know it was black. knowledge is power!

i think my hands are still shaking and just for the record, he was really good looking.

4 Comments:

At 7:38 PM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

so, was he good looking?

jkjkjkjk. Maybe you should come with us on the annual Thanksmas Hunt next year.

You're such a gun pro.
I love you!

 
At 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's just one thing I really need to know about your "gun experience".... was the guy good looking?

 
At 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

After posting and reading my last comment I think maybe I should have phrased that different. So, never mind.

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Ok, Almost a month...I'm dying to hear what you've been up too!!!
Miss you friend and look forward to seeing you in July!!!!
Love S:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home