Sunday, July 24, 2005

saying farewell to a faithful friend




Well, its happened. I never thought I would see the time I would have to say goodbye but the time is here. It's hard to believe I have had a relationship for 10 years but now its come to an end.

The little red honda is no longer. It's in the paper. It's for sale and I'm letting it go. I bought that car in 1996 and I can't believe that it's been with me through high school, then college and then after college. It's been the old faithful friend in our family. It's the default vehicle. You can fill the tank and drive for weeks. It has a suprisingly large trunk... In the passenger side of the windshield it has the four parking passes from all four years at calvin college. This car is reason I learned to drive a stick. I piled friends in this car on the way to swim team, the beach, the airport, camping, chicago, and countless trips to meijer. it's amazing how such a small car can fit seven people. My friend Amber and I even had matching cars for a while. The era is coming to an end. I bought that car with my own money back in high school and it has served me well. And so, i say farewell my faithful friend. (and good riddens you sweat box!)

And as we say farewell, we must say hello to the beginning of a new era. the JEEP WRANGLER ERA. Thats right ladies and gentlemen, I finally did it. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to own a green jeep wrangler and I have it. It's in the drive way. I have to fight the urge to drive multiple places for no good reason. It's fabulous. I'm having flash backs to living in California and living in the faulk house, driving liz's jeep. There is something very freeing about driving a wrangler. It's fabulous. (and it's green!!)

In other news, I've been sicker than sick for the past week and a half. For crying out loud, its 9:00 and I'm in bed. I don't understand it. When did I get old?? I think that most of my friends have considered me dead because I don't return phone calls. it's a sad situation.

and with that i bid you good night.

this is where i would write something lyrical and witty, but i just don't have it in me... maybe tomorrow.
k

6 Comments:

At 8:02 PM , Blogger Pages In Time Forever said...

You are pathetic...

 
At 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Jeep. A JEEP! It's about time ONE of us other Holt's wised-up and got a Jeep Wrangler! I love mine! It's red (we'll have to get ours together at Christmas) with a tan hard-top (removeable, of course). CONGRATULATIONS! As to being pathetic... well, yeah, you are. But then, that's a Holt trait of which to be proud! So, hold your head up high, stick your chin out, and whine to your heart's content. Just remember: YOU have a Jeep Wrangler!

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger Pages In Time Forever said...

BLOG NEGLECT! GET WRITING!!

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Sarah Miller said...

I did think you were dead...welp guess I was wrong...

 
At 6:54 AM , Blogger Pages In Time Forever said...

WRITE SOMETHING ON YOUR BLOG!!
Here are some ideas, for starters:
*You've been sick for a month
*You almost had cancer but didn't
*You went on vacation
*Job interviews
*Your wonderful, loving family

Write something!! Anything!!

 
At 8:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay... you guys suckered ME into this, now I keep coming back to your site to read more, like the sucker I am, and NOTHING! While you're probably laughing your butt off at the sucker who keeps coming back and seeing... NOTHING!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home