Saturday, October 08, 2005

because when it rains, it pours

so, we all know that i've been sick forever (i'm sorry it's been like listening to a broken record lately, 'how are you?' 'sick') and we have the surgery scheduled, i'm back on a few of the drugs. back on the prednisone, freaky stuff i tell you and, sadly, i'm really looking forward to having this doctor shove this thing up my nose which causes a bit of pain. in all honesty, i'm ready. i would do it tomorrow. i'm thrilled to do it. anything to give me back the energy that i once had and make me feel better. now that i remind you of that fun situation...here are todays events

i slept late because it was a day off and lately, the only thing that appeals to me is sleep, so i took advantage. i woke up around 1pm (i know, boo and hiss all you want). i went up stairs, talked to my mom a bit and had a conversation which included my mom using this line, "yeah, he was a royal pain in the class." she was serious, she was talking about a student. i started laughing so hard that tears started rolling down my face at this point, she caught on and joined me in the laughing. she decided that she would mow the lawn, i was going to eat lunch and then clean my room and then we had appointments at 3pm. so as i start making lunch, mom goes out and tries to start the tractor with no luck. the clutch light was coming on when she turned the key. our tractor is about a 1989 wheel horse. great tractor but lately a big pain in the butt. she asked me to come out and i mentioned that the petal that serves as the brake and clutch seems not to be making a connection, lately you just have to 'kick the crap out of it' for it to work. so i went back into the kitchen (with ears in my ties) and put on a tennis shoe, thats right, just one. and went back out to the garage. as i stepped out of the house and onto the garage floor, my left foot touched the cement and down i went like a sack of potatoes. my ankle folded in half and felt and heard this horrble snap. i then laid on the floor crying and rocking back and forth for about thirty/fourty five minutes. my mom didn't know what to do, she called my brother and sister. becky came over and helped to get me in the house and off of the garage floor. after sitting there a while i decided to just suck it up and walk around on it. not going to lie, it hurts REALLY BADLY. but i figured that if i could walk on it, it should be fine.

so, tonight, i'm talking to my wonderful friend tim who i love to death. he is one of my previous roommates from 'the faulk house' (the historical house that 10 of us lived in while working for woodleaf in northern california and if you haven't heard about woodleaf than you probably have never met me). he is this genius medical guru. this poor guy always gets my, 'this is what's wrong, i think i'm dying, this this normal' calls. so, i was talking to him tonight, told him what happened and told him that i haven't gone to a doctor yet and he tells me about this horrible thing that can happen causing gang green. holy crap! i said, "tim! have you learned nothing from being friends with a hypocondriac??" to which he answers, "it's the most painful thing to go through from what i hear and they have to amputate your foot." this is the same man that when i was bit by a stray cat in california (yes, you read that correctly) and went to tim when my finger became the size of a sausage, his exact words were, "wow, i've never seen that before." GREAT! i almost threw up. so, needless to say, i'll most likely be seeing a medical professional tomorrow...because, when it rains, it pours.

so, anyway, that's the story about that. it's true, i am the most accident prone person walking the earth.

sick and gimpy,
k

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of something that you could make at the scrapbook store (yes, that's right. I thought about a scrapbook project... don't ever expect it again.) You could make a sash to wear: "Miss Gimp Universe". It would be GREAT!

Just kidding. Sorry about all the misshaps. I know how you feel. Since my surgery two years ago, I get aches and pains in places I didn't knew existed in humans (and once I found out they DID, I was disgusted!). I think your Aunt Sandy has just made a CD of the line "What now?" to play when I whine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home