Friday, September 23, 2005

•on this past monday i watched the season premiere of oprah. her guest was jennifer aniston. i love jennifer aniston. i think that if i could take on the physical attributes of anyone, she would be my first choice. i also love that she seems to treat people so well. obviously she talked a bit about the break up and then if she's happy and ready to date again. one statement that she made stuck with me though. she said, "i was at yoga the other day and got this feeling like i've never had before. i looked at my friend and said, 'there isn't another place i'd rather be or thing i'd rather be doing." and i thought to myself, when was the last time that i felt that content in my life that i wasn't thinking about what was coming up or the next move i needed to make in my life. i couldn't think of a time. i was so upset by this. when did i lose my contentment?

last week on tuesday night, i was looking at oprah's website. i clicked on this thing that said, "do you like ricky martin?" and my response was, "i'm not a huge fan of his music but i love that he stepped out of hollywood and the spotlight to do mission work in indonesia for the last four years." i entered my phone number and email address and thought nothing of it.

the next morning at work i got a phone call from...the oprah show, "we'd like you to come to the show next wednesday to see ricky martin." i was so excited! i know, it's ricky martin and i liked him when i was in middle/high school but how cool was this?!?? so they asked me who i was going to bring with me and i said instantly, "amber beeson, i mean cox." (i always seem to forget shes married! sorry ryan :) ) so then i called my mom, she said, "oprah! i want to go! who is on?" i said, "ricky martin." she said, "take your sister." seriously. so then, because my sisster had to work, i called amber.

"amber, what are you doing on wednesday?"
"i don't know, why? i'll be in chicago."
"wanna go to oprah?"
"what?!? i can't get too excited right now, i'm in a furniture store."

and the conversation went on from there.

so we made plans for me to go spend the night at her house with her and her husband in chicago before the show and then leave early in the morning to get to the studio by 7!!!

so, i arrived at their house on tuesday night, in time for dinner. amber made (AMBER MADE) dinner. i was so impressed. this from the girl who said, "thank you for the pots and pans, now i have to learn to cook" at her bridal shower. a very delicious veggie lasagna. after dinner, ryan took off for the library and amber and i stayed at her house and i made her be creative. it was pretty funny. she actually started shaking. it was so much fun. about halfway through the night i realized, wow, i honestly, wouldn't rather be anywhere else but here. it was so nice to be in the presence of someone so great as amber. i love this girl so much and cherish her so much and it was like my heart and my brain just both agreed that this is where i was supposed to be. it was so amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home