Tuesday, August 16, 2005

my brush with cocaine

so, i'm still sick. and i'm getting worse. i'm in intense amounts of pain. my mom finally got a hold of our family doctor and he got me in with an ear, nose and throat doctor. so, i show up at his office, he has no personality. he starts asking me whats wrong with me and what meds i'm on and i actually started pulling tons of bottles of meds out of my bag. i've become my worst nightmare. i'm the kind of person who hates to take advil because i think i should be able to handle it on my own, i'm past that point in my life. my new motto? "drug me and drug me good." so, i sit in this odd chair that reminds me of the dentist and he starts poking and proding my nose. it's not pleasant. he then said something that sounded like cocaine and he shoved gauz up my nose. my mom had to look away because it didn't look very comfortable. when he stepped outside the door to talk to a nurse, i jokingly said to my mom, "is it me or did he say something about cocaine?" she said, "it was a local anesthetic, he didn't say anything about cocaine." at the same time that the doctore came back into the room. he turns to her and said, "no, shes right, i used cocaine." i just looked at my mom and tried not to laugh. and i was so proud of my drug free history. anyway. he then stuck a light in my nose, then a tiny little vacuum that made me wish that my life was over. and all he said in the end was, "wow, you're really congested." which, if i didn't have instruments in my mouth and nose, i would have said, "YA THINK?!?" he then said, stay on the anti biotic, take these (some steroid, which i now have night mares of having chest hair) and here is some vicodin for the pain. which, i'm on the vicodin now and to tell you the truth, not that big of a difference between this and excedrine. i'm still in a lot of pain. right before i left, the doctor said that if i'm not better by friday, he's giving me a complimentary CT scan. my mom asked, "why has this gotten ahold of her so badly," to which i responded, "it's called, i quit my job in march and have no insurance." this is the story of my life...

i think i might write a book of all the odd ailments that i've had or do have. i'll title it, "kill me. kill me now."

i'm going to try to sleep. the vicodin has kicked in a little more so i'm starting to zone out...this should be interesting.

katie

4 Comments:

At 8:17 PM , Blogger Pages In Time Forever said...

this might just be what fixes you...we'll see. probably should have tried a combination of vicodin and cocaine years ago...who knows what a difference it could have made!

 
At 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, now you're gonna be hangin' out with the likes of Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton just so you can use phrases like "Remember when we used to use "blow"?" Of course, the word "blow" in your case will mean an entirely different thing... like huffing gauze out your nose. But you'll still be with the "cool", ex-cocaine crowd. While the rest of us only have memories of novacaine and tylenol to brag about. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

 
At 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay, kid! Love ya!

 
At 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. I've read this one 62 times now. 62 is definitely ENOUGH!!! Write or I'll pound you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home