Wednesday, April 26, 2006

While my mom was here, we headed south and hung out in Mexico for the day. On our way home, we drove along the coast so I could find one of my favorite spots in southern California. In a little part of San Diego, there is a town call La Jolla, and in La Jolla cove, they have this beach that's dedicated to seals. You can walk down there but you can't get too close, the seals have security guards. It's pretty stinking funny actually. You can hear them barking and swimming in from the ocean, it's so fun. Plus, I log onto yahoo today, and what do i find? A story about the seals at La Jolla click here



On the tuesday while my mom was here, we drove up to LA and went to the dr. phil show. After the dr. phil show, which by the way was about how not to get married too fast, which if you know me well, is pretty stinkin funny, we drove up to hollywood blvd. I showed mom around the kodak theatre, and the walk of fame and a bunch of other fun stuff.

This next picture is one of my condo complex. not too shabby. every day, i walk my dog about two to three times a day, since i don't have a yard and there is a neighbor hood of new dogs and new smells, it's always an adventure. and every day, during my walk, my thoughts always go back to, "i can't believe i live here." it's the oddest sensation to me. it doesn't feel like home, yet. i don't know that it ever will but it's kinda nice that right now it feels like i'm on a really long vacation. on my days off, i get to go to the beach. how odd is that? i could do that in january which was the strangest sensation. i have new-to-me furniture, so it doesn't feel like it's even my stuff. i have my dog, my car and my computer. i am pretty much my own country-western-meets-technology song.

again, this is one of those things where i think, holy cow, i live here. this is a little south of me. in san diego. right north of la jolla cove. very cool view though. and only an hour away.

while mom was here we went whale watching and my mom was so excited to just get on the boat. i on the other hand was a little freaked out that the boat we were getting on, wasn't as big as i felt it should be. it was big, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't as big as i had hoped. i mean honestly, there are things in this water larger than my car. i need to know that push come to shove, i'm safe. it took some getting used to. i kept telling myself that if i could see land, i was safe, i could swim back. then it occurred to me that we were more than eight miles out into the ocean and there wasn't a chance i'd make it. but i had fun none the less.

the first part of the trip the captain (is someone who drives a sightseeing boat considered to be a captain?) took us out to a pod of dolphins. i was thinking, 20 maybe 30 would be out there. i was wrong. it was well over 250! i was amazed. i quickly forgot about how deep the water was beneath me and watched these amazing dolphins jumping and swimming. it was so cool! plus, they all had their babies with them so they had tiny little dolphins trying to jump and follow through. such a cool ride. i was lucky enough to shoot this picture of the dolphin. i don't know how i got it. i'm still using my canon rebel **non digital** and i got a pretty good shot. i haven't replaced my digital camera yet. other things take priority. i highly recommend the whale watching, very very cool!

which brings me to my next picture. okay, they don't really tell you this when you're buying your ticket to go whale watching, but there is a law that you have to stay a certain distance away from the whales. it's common sense really but we couldn't get so close we could really see them that well. but, as you can see in this picture, that's a whale! we saw a whale! actually, we saw a whale and her baby. so cool, in this picture you can just see the water being sprayed up when they surfaced. absolutley amazing. i was quickly reminded that this whale was probably the size of my apartment.

this is my dog, cali. who now lives in cali. poor dog. she's having fun though, we have a lot of neighborhood dog friends that we meet at the dog park. it's so funny. she has a little puppy friend that is a dalmation named domino. domino can just smoke cali as they run through the field and cali doesn't really know how to pace herself. so cali poops out and domino continues to body check cali until it looks like my dog is about to die. it's extremely entertaining.

this is meredith and mike. i'll go into more detail about them...later



this is a really funny picture of my neice tori. i haven't seen her in over six months. and i'll keep my opinions to myself there. she's so funny, i love the evil eye she gives in this picture. this part of her personality, she certainly got from her father. love it, she has the holt eyebrow thing going!

this is adia. again, haven't seen her in over six months. and it's not just cause i live in california. i miss this kid. it's so odd.


i don't have any recent pictures of abby and jacob. i've been waiting to get some from jacobs birthday party. i missed jacobs birthday. i'm a bad aunt. i haven't even sent him his present yet. i'm sure he's thinking i've dropped off the planet but if he'd ever been to california, he would understand how true that really is...

hmmm, what else is new....

i work monday through friday now. which means i can actually start going to church again. i've gone the couple of weeks that i've had either saturday or sunday off but it's hard when you work all weekend. i think i might start going to mosaic, which is the church that irwin mcmanus speaks at. i love that church, even just the building where the meet is so non-church that it's perfect for the LA crowd. it's incredible. they meet in a club. how funny is that. i love it, talk about thinking outside the box. so great

quick overview of what we did while my mom was here
she arrived saturday afternoon: we had lunch and i took her by the store where i work and then home

Sunday: my 2nd cousins - son's birthday party. did you follow that? my grandpa bob (moms' dad, it's his sisters - great grandson's birthday, and for those of you who know the family, it's aunt illene--->paulette--->heather----> jacobs' birthday) not easy to explain. so we went to a birthday party in the park

Monday: tiajuana! we drove down to the border, parked our car and took the bus over. then went all day trying to avoid tequilla and find really cool glasses...then went to san diego, la jolla and then home





Tuesday: Dr. Phil and hollywood, then drove home in a really, really bad rain storm a---in the carpool lane

Wednesday: we painted my apartment----my mom was a good sport about being put to work while she was on spring break

Thursday: dinner with the family, the one i tried to explain above

Friday: Whale watching & dana point and then dinner at downtown disney

Saturday: garage saleing and then dropped mom at the airport. very sad to see her go but it was a fun trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home