Sunday, July 16, 2006

this picture is the one from vegas that cracks me up so much of justin and i. so funny. this is when i won $240 dollars the first time i had gambled (and the last time, by the way). oddly, the only reason i played is because this machine had crabs on it and i thought it was funny. justin normally looks a lot happier than this but he was a little bitter, but just a little bit. :)



also, i owe justin an apology. about a year ago i visited phoenix to hang out with holly. it was probably april, around the time that kat got married. i called justin and tried to convince him that moving to phoenix was the best thing ever. it was gorgeous. i helped holly coach basketball, outside, in april, overlooking mountains.

justin and i had a deal. i would take care of snakes and he would take care of spiders. i told him that the fear of something (in his case, snakes) shouldn't block you from living someplace cool.

however, i have changed my mind. while in phoenix, within the first 24 hours i found TWO black widow spiders. one the size of a dime. and the other about the size of a golf ball. oh good heavens!

so, justin, this apology is for you. i should have never tried to convince you to live on the sun where venomous spiders and snakes roam wild. i was insane and i believe the heat has cleared up my thinking. i've decided that southern califoria is much better. phoenix is great in january when the heat is normal but you still have the desert and spider and snake issues. i'm a strong believer that where i live, large lizards eat the large spiders...i'm happy with that image. lizards i can handle. so, justin, lets not move to phoenix because i don't want to die of a spider bite.

now i just have to convince you that so cal is better than florida...let the games begin

4 Comments:

At 3:03 PM , Blogger Justin said...

I love that picture! Reminds me that its not always what you know, but how freaking lucky someone can be playing a game in which they have no idea of what is actually going on! I'm not bitter though....over that little incident! And I told you that Phoenix would never work for us! Just goes to say, that you should listen to me more often! lol But, I will still take care of those spiders for you!

 
At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dreaded Holt arachniphobia strikes again. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING in this world worse than spiders. I don't care what anyone says, anything that small that can be that ugly, and that poisonous... okay, I just gave myself the creeps. I'm gonna go crawl under the covers now.

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

hope there are no spiders hiding under the covers waiting to greet you!!! haha

 
At 3:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie!

I just found your blog. Great to see things are going well for you. At least, great to see the things you blog about are going well. Last time I saw you was over a year ago in the LeSEA lobby. I'm so glad you didn't get hired there!

I'm going to add you to my blog roll. You now have another faithful reader!

Josh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home