Wednesday, June 04, 2008

hostile takeover

i was walking out to my car before work this morning and met my brother on the front porch who looked like grim death and he said he wasn't feeling well. normally if my brother is sick, he says, "i'm not feeling well." and then goes on about his day. not today. he called in sick... the first time in a year...

then, i tried to bring my mom lunch at work today. i called to make sure she was in her office and the principal answered the phone and said she went home "not feeling well." my thoughts? "oh crap."

so, i walk in the door at my moms house and my brother... the one who doesn't get sick and who NEVER lays on the couch... is curled up under a notre dame blanket, one of his daughters is playing 'puter games' and the other is looking like she got hit by a truck and was watching a movie. i walk around the corner to see my mom curled up in her bed, nearly asleep. as i walk back to the family room i notice a rather large red stain in the carpet... then another... and then a trail. seriously, it looked like there had been a small war in the family room. i say, "oh no, did someone spill their juice." i got a one word answer. "puke." again, my thoughts, "oh crap."

so, i'm in the midst of a hostile takeover. tori and i are holding strong and haven't shown signs of giving into the flu like symptoms. however, we do believe that tori may have been the culpret who brought this give with her from moms house. only later in the after noon did tori say, "i threw up at moms house." or in tori language it was "i frew up at mommas haws."

so far so good. i felt a little queezy earlier but i'm passing that off from being tired.

preparing to order a hazmat suit online,

k

1 Comments:

At 5:23 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

I con only begin to image the petri dish that is your moms house right now. Open the windows! Spray some Lysol! Clean off all the door knobs! eat some vitamins! go somewhere else!

That's all I got for ya.
Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home