Wednesday, October 12, 2005

THIS JUST IN!!

my leg isn't broken! i know, just listen. so, on sunday at medpoint, the doctor showed me the fracture in my fibula and then said to stay off of it and don't drive the jeep (my eye!). so, yesterday i arrived home to find a message on the answering machine from med point. so i call them back and the nurse says, 'there was a glich in the film, there isn't a fracture, just keep ice on it and you'll be fine." at this point, i am mixed with two emotions: 1) Woo Hoo! i'm not gimpy! (or at least on paper) and i don't have to worry about having to have it casted. 2) WHAT?!? how do you tell someone they broke their fibula and then take it back two days later?!? do i just not understand how medicine works? i'm seriously worried about the state of indiana and the medical professionals... at least this one.

in other news: i spent a great day in grand rapids today. i got together with a friend from college, nate vreeman. it was so good to see him. it's been about a year since i saw him last but it's been years since we've been able to sit down together. it was so great to compare stories.

katie

5 Comments:

At 11:57 PM , Blogger Lola said...

awesome to see you too! And to talk via "ichat" which is a wonderful thing. I dont know how often I will check this name but at least I said hi!

Good to see you again my friend.

 
At 6:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you. But, you'll always be "gimpy" to me.

 
At 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm sorry, but I missed you on Oprah. I had to work. Did you tape it? Can you get me a copy? I'll pay real money.

 
At 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. "THIS JUST IN" was in about two weels ago... Time to blog.

 
At 7:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!BLOG NEGLECT!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home