Thursday, April 27, 2006

one more thing, i check out my friends blogs every once in a while, and by that i mean daily, and i just have to show you how fabulous my friends are.

my friend amber is absolutely gorgeous. we've been friends for 20 years. which is so funny to me. and if you saw her comment a couple posts ago, it was, "birdbath?" let me explain. when we were in seventh grade, we had mr. rice for math. he was a very large and sweaty man who perspired more than average humans. when you weren't paying attention in his class he would walk by and slam his clipboard into your desk to make a horrible sound to scare you back into paying attention. he got amber and i both a couple times with that trick. in my head it seems as though it was daily even though i'm sure it wasn't...maybe. anyway, we had a class together before math and we were trying to mouth something across the room trying to tell stories or something and we realized it would have to wait until we could actually be within five feet of each other. it is at this point that i mouthed, "i'll tell you more in math." to which amber gave me the classic confused look that only she and her father can pull off and mouthed back, "bird bath?" to which we both started laughing and i'm sure got in trouble. i don't remember the trouble, i just remember the laughing and from then on, "bird bath" has been a constant joke for amber and i. so funny. i can't believe we've been friends for 20 years. we're only 25. if our kindergarten teacher ms. wetzel could see us now, who would have guess all my torturous acts against amber and her "go for God" sweatshirt wouldn't have driven her away. i seriously used to glue things to her. sorry ambs! This picture is of her and her wonderful husband ryan. i always here the crazy med school stories from amber and i don't know how he does it but i'm sure it has something to do with having a very encouraging wife! i love, LOVE their marriage!
i also love that they tried to go apple picking in chicago. chicago!


my other friend sara is also very funny. i think we're more friends now than we were in high school but we all went to penn. funny how it all works out like that, huh? anyway, due to a random third party connection through the neely family, we found eachother again back in southbend, after college. and i think i've seen her twice in the past four, is it seriously four??, years. i love that none of my friends take themselves too seriously. they are the kind of girls that they can literally fall on their face and they will just laugh at themselves and move one. sara is going to be my excuse to visit spain. (when sara gets married, i'm hoping it will be in spain so i can actually go. of course, i'm also hoping that i would actually be invited) anyway, as she lives in spain, she posts different stories an such on her blog. i checked her blog earlier today and i LOVE this picture. i think it's so funny. you'd never guess that she wasn't spanish. i love it. so cool! i just thought i'd share. she's stunning. i couldn't pull off a dress like this, i love that i have friends that can!

3 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

Sarah is a SPANIARD!! Amazing!

I have been laughing about the "Birdbath" thing...Good times.

Mr. Rice had the sweatiest pits I have ever seen in my life.

I am horrified at the thought.

 
At 8:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! Glad to hear everything is going so well! (Although, now I have this mental picture of fat, sweaty armpits in my brain that will probably scar me and ruin my innocense....)

 
At 11:50 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Hey Thanks Katie! And yes..u are invited..I need someone to videotape the darn thing. I suppose i´ll want to remember it ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home