Thursday, July 20, 2006

so i quit drinking pop about...three months ago... wow, that can't be right. anyway, a while ago. so, my new goal is to drink only water. and i'm trying to drink the whole 'eight 8oz glasses a day,' thing. it's harder than it sounds. or maybe it just is for me. but by the end of the day i am loathing that glass of water. anyway, today is the first day i've been able to finish all of it...i'm pretty impressed with myself actually.

my next goal...running. this is pretty funny to me cause right off the bat i know it's not going to go well. i HATE running. i don't see a point, it's not enjoyable to me. i think i would find it difficult to find enjoyment while running from large animals that threatened my very life. however, i'm trying to make big changes in my lifestyle and i hate to think that running will become part of my life. it's frightening. but, i also refuse to spend money for a gym membership...i just can't do it so we'll see how the running thing happens...i'll be starting that in the next couple weeks. i'm on another plan right now. (i give you permission to continue laughing through the next paragraph.)

i've realized recently how important encouragement is. i guess i've always kind of known but just recently the point was just driven home for me. that may sound really dumb. over the past few days/couple weeks i've run some random ideas past some friends its amazing to me how much my enthusiasm is effected by their reaction. i'm not a fan of all this. it bothers me. it makes me want to encourage my friends more. but with one friend reacting tellling me that it's a bad idea or implying that i wouldn't succeed, instantly my enthusiasm is gone and i can't help but think is it my idea that's just so out of this world, or is it my friend who doesn't see me past where i am right now? i'm trying to figure that out now. we'll see. until then, just think, "you can do it!" and you can.

okay, i'm so tired that it hurts to keep my eyes open and it hurts to think. i need some sleep.

k

9 Comments:

At 9:00 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

Katie,
I became a jogger for two weeks and this program really worked. Its the "Couch to 5K" plan on www.coolrunning.com

You are going to be a runner! I am so excited for you!

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Katie, I hate running myself, but MAYBE, we can try it together. I need motivation (other than stepping on the stupid scale!). We could try and incorporate it with doggie-walking? I have to do something about the jiggle, so I'm willing to try it! What do you think?? My freind just started the "Couch to 5K"...said it was hard... but worth a shot!!!! let me know!
S:)

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Oh, I knew I was forgeting something. Try putting some drops of Lemon juice in your water - it helps add some flavour! (99c at Trader Joes)
AND...keep up with your brilliant ideas! YOu are very gifted and talented!!!!

 
At 12:53 AM , Blogger katie holt said...

i think it would be great to start running together! i really REALLY hate it! but i agree. i want to do something about the jiggle. i love that! we'd just have to figure out when it would work. i have the craziest schedule lately...but we should figure this out! i'm excited!

my friend amber did the couch to 5k thing too and she really liked it too.

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Justin said...

Let me add my two cents here...running is for the "birds!" I do not like to run, never understood why I ran cross-country my 7th grade year?? I woke up one day and said,"What the heck are you just running for?" I believe in this philosophy: "Running should be preserved with the following exceptions, 1. Running from a criminal! 2. Running from a snake!! 3. Running from a friend who has a "Get Rich Quick Investment!" These opinions do not reflect the thoughts and actions of individual's who choose not to run for other peculiar reasons. With all of this said...run your little hearts out!

 
At 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite lines in Back to the Future III is when Doc Brown is at the bar telling people about the future and he says "In the future, people run for recreation," and then everyone in there just dies laughing because it sounds so stupid to all of them. Maybe I should have been born in the old west... Anyways, good luck.

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

Katie, I LOVE all this encouragement that we're getting! haha! (thank you Jason and Woody!)Ok...I'm going to try and do Day 1 tonight! (7/25). Are you going to be around? I was thinking, even if we did one day together and then the other 2 on our own that would still make it SOMEWHAT better! Oh, and don't get me wrong, I don't love running. i HATE it. So this is a stretch for me to say the least!!!

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger Flame Lilly said...

WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO Katie...
we did it!!!! One day down, another 5 1/2 weeks to go!! hahaha
Congratulations to YOU!!!!!
S:)

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger Steve Hughes said...

I found a stopwatch today that will help me be more accurate when calling out the walks and runs! Run for fun...no way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home