Friday, March 16, 2007

it's official. i'm 26

it's strange. i suddenly feel like an adult.

the night before my birthday my friends steve and sharon took me out to dinner where i was surprised by a group of people for dinner. it was so great. sharons sister ruth and her husband kevin and their girls kaela and becca. (adorable girls who are my adopted nieces out here!) also steves parents gloria and dennis were there. it was so much fun, such a great time and sharon completely surprised me. the best part was that we had just gone for our walk and we were talking about surprise parties... so funny!

the morning of my birthday i was on my way to work, i know it's sad that i worked on my birthday but whatever, and got to talk to my friend amber who sang happy birthday to me. ¡olè! and i got to the back door of work and was ambushed by about 15 people with birthday hats and confetti, that was a first. very funny and about made me wet my pants. surprises aren't that good for me in the morning.

while i was at work i got a gorgeous arrangement of flowers, so that was exciting

for my birthday steve and sharon made me dinner to celebrate which was wonderful. thanks steve and sharon!

we then worked on our project for a few hours and i headed home.

so i have flowers in my room which is such a great smell to wake up to. though, i mentioned to my mom that i feel like i'm at my own funeral. i have two floral arrangements in my room. it's very surreal. but it's amazing how they brighten a room.

my brother called to say, "happy birthday, you're now officially a day older than a quarter century. yowza. now i feel old.

i got a card from amber who i've been friends with for 21 years? 22? i don't know the amount but since kindergarten and the card is PERFECT for that! on the front it says 'you know what's amazing about us?' and it has a picture of two girls, one blonde and one red head, and inside it says "we're much too young to be such old friends" and it's so true! she even listed some of the things we've been through together, it's amazing how long of a list it is for only being 26.

so here's to 26. we'll see what the year holds but so far the plan is that this will be the year i turn it all around.
and...go!

k

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, is there no life after 26? You haven't blogged for a while...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home