Wednesday, April 04, 2007

i'm home, i'm in indiana and it's fricken freezing. it's snowing, as i type this. it's craziness. did i mention i only packed flip flops? not good friends. not good.

also, my flight landed last night at 2am indiana time, 11pm my time. my sister had me drive because i was more awake and it was earlier my time. so, within two miles of midway airport, i got pulled over. oddly enough, i got pulled over by the burbank police. no kidding. so, i got pulled over on cicero. this is not a good area. which, my sister reminded me, "you're in chicago now, keep both hands on the wheel." so, he asked me why i was going 20 over. i told him, i normally drive a wrangler, they just picked me up from midway and i didn't notice i had been going that fast. he said, "an out of state ticket is a pain...not for me, for you. slow down." handed me my ID and took off. thank goodness for the crack dealers that they were really after cause i didn't get a ticket last night. we got to my moms house at 5am, indiana time.

and it's snowing. i don't miss the snow. i don't know much, but i know that.


this little piggy froze to death and this little piggy has frost bite.

k

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring your piggies... and the rest of your family's piggies to WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL, WARM, Sarasota!

 
At 6:21 AM , Blogger amberWIRE said...

you DO know that Cicero is 4 miles away from my house...

I agree...you don't want to get pulled over there!

I love you! Welcome back to the midwest! I hear they have coats for sale at Sears.

 
At 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back and if I didn't have the WORST FLU OF MY LIFE I would call you RIGHT NOW!!!! The snow totally bites...it's been nice until, oh, yesterday. Girl, you only brought flip flops? How long did you live in Indiana? Even in the summer you know you better pack a sweater!!! Enjoy your time at home and if I feel better maybe we can get together...I need to put the 5 pounds back on I lost from the flu.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home