Friday, September 01, 2006

okay, so the day went smoother than planned.

i went to the auto parts store to buy the gast tank stuff, but found out that was meant to go in the tank one week before the test.

i then went to walmart and they didn't have time to do the oil change since there were four people in front of me.

i went to the smog place and waited anxiously while they tested my car. it PASSED. not going to lie, there was a lot of prayer involved. oddly, i found out that my car isn't supposed to be as loud as it is. i have a 'cracked exhaust manifold.' bummer. $750 repair. but, i also found out it can wait until later. so that was good news. the smog test: $38.20

i made it to the dmv with three minutes to spare. i was amazed! so, i fill out my paper work and they tell me i need to take a seat and wait for my number to be called. so, i sit. the woman i'm sitting next to me says, 'i hope you don't have anyplace to be, i've been here for three hours.' i'm thinking, 'crap, i'm going to be late for work.' so, sure enough, they call my number. WHAT?! so i go to the counter and hand the guy my paperwork and he says, 'oh, i can't do this, i only do driver's licenses.' so he said, go to number 3. i go to number three and i was out in about twenty minutes. they called my number by accident. loved it. here's the funny part. as i was filling out my paper work, i finished and handed the guy my stuff and he reaches up and puts piece of paper on the counter in front of me and says, 'you're going to want to hang on to this.' i look down. it's his name and number. how great. the registration: $157.00

so, then i had time to grab some lunch, let my dog pee and get to work on time.

and now i'm broke. bummer.

but at least the day went well!
too bad i work early tomorrow morning, i would pay money to sleep longer that 6 hours!

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE GUY HIT ON YOU???!!! NOW we know that calling your number by accident was no accident! You women... complain about unfair work places, wages, etc., then BINGO! A three hour wait reduced to twenty minutes... all because you're cute. WHAT A LOAD! I'm writing my congressman (unhappily, I think my congressman is a woman... rats).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home